Tomorrow is Easter Sunday- our last Easter as "just" a couple (that is, unless Hollis makes a surprise appearance one week early.) He seems to still be pretty cozy in there though. At last week's appointment my doctor said she doesn't want to wait long to induce labor if I reach my due date (4-11), so I was thinking she'd make me wait a week or less... well, how about a couple of days or less! She said she wanted me to check in the night of the 11th, get the first round of meds that night, and start Pitocin the morning of the 12th. I asked her if we could push that back by a day and check in the 12th instead, start Pitocin on the 13th, and she agreed. She looked at me like I was crazy for wanting to wait one extra day, but then I reminded her that my birthday, and my brother's birthday, and Craig's Aunt Jill's birthday, are ALL April 13. :) I go back to her office for one more check up this week, then I won't see her until Hollis' birth journey begins!
It's my last week at work for this year too. I'll be going back in the fall, but I only get 5 more days with my current students. They've been another fun bunch. I'm pretty lucky to work where I do and have the students that I have. Makes me really appreciate all the blessings in my life. :) I admit I am going to enjoy this longer-than-normal "break" between school years... not sure if "break" is the best word to describe it, but it will be a welcome change of pace to say the least.
I am so excited for you guys!!!! It's such a fun journey. It was really good seeing you. Maybe after you have Hollis, we can go to lunch and really get to spend some time together. I miss seeing you each day. I know everything will be great and God will protect both of you!!! I will be praying for a great delivery. I can't believe it's sooooooo close!!!!!!!!! YEA!
ReplyDelete