Thursday, May 6, 2010

Discovering his Voice

The new thing Hollis has started doing lately is making more little sounds when he's laying in his bassinet awake. Little squeeks, coos, and the cutest sigh after a sneeze are just too cute. I've got to try to capture that on video somehow- it melts my heart how cute it is! He also has discovered how to cry very loudly... more like extremely loudly! It nearly rattles the windows from time to time. Luckily it is usually cured by feeding him. He's a no-nonsense kind of guy. Keep him fed and keep that diaper dry and he's good to go. :)

On a side note- his umbilical cord is still hanging by a thread... I figured it would have fallen off in a week, but we are going on 3 weeks and 1 day with it still there. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe Saturday.

I'm hoping the late night feedings start getting further apart... I have tried to keep him full and happy during the day, especially in the evenings, in an effort to fill that belly for longer stretches of sleep at night. So far, it is not working.

He sounds like he's asleep- I have to wrap this up and get a nap in before he eats again.

Exhausted, but loving life more than ever. xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Keep it up, Mama!! Hollis is growing stronger and healthier by the minute, all because of you! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wy's cord fell off at 3 weeks and 3 days so maybe Hollis will lose his soon! Enjoy your 1st Mother's day!! So exciting and special : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job Charli!!! I'm sure his cord will fall off soon. My kids were almost 4 weeks old by the time theirs fell off. It was nuts how long it hangs on. I hope you have a super first Mother's day!!!

    ReplyDelete