Since the 18th week I've felt Hollis moving around, usually small little flutters, bumps, and flips. Only stuff I could feel from the inside and not so much on the outside. But ever since this past Saturday evening, after my department's annual Christmas party, he's been REALLY moving! I don't know if it was the awesome lasagna we had that night or what, but Hollis' kicks and punches are MUCH bigger now. At about 11pm on Dec. 5, Craig felt Hollis kick for the first time! It was so exciting! To make the weekend even better I saw my belly move when he kicked again Sunday morning, just to the right of my belly button. :) Although it instantly makes you think of the movie Alien, and even the spoof of that movie in Space Balls, it is still an amazing event. It has led to some strange and wacky dreams where I can see his face pressed against my stomach... but that's a whole other story. haha
There are usually about three or four main times a day when the kicks and punches are in full swing: 5:15am when Craig gets up (of course while I'm trying to savor about 45 more minutes in bed), mid-morning (especially if I sit down to grade papers or anything), mid-afternoon, and shortly after dinner.
:( Back to work. I wish I could just sit all day and enjoy all these amazing moments!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment