Thursday, November 5, 2009

Flutters... I think so!

So it's currently week 17. We didn't find out if Baby Harbin is a boy or girl yet, but we might be able to find out on Nov. 16 at my next ultrasound. Even more exciting than that is the realization that I think I've experienced the "flutters" of this little baby making itself nice and cozy in its temporary home! This is the second night this week, while laying on the couch watching TV, that I felt a funny feeling in my abdomen. Everyone says it feels like gas... well... this didn't quite feel like that. It did kind of feel like a couple of little bubbles, only it didn't hurt, and it didn't travel all the way through my intestines. Therefore, not gas, right?? If it continues to happen, I guess I'll know if what I felt was the baby or just an odd case of something else.

On a different note, (as pregnancy has made me more ADD than I ever thought possible), my friend let me borrow Jenny McCarthy's book Belly Laughs. I read the entire thing in one night. So funny, and thankfully very honest and frank about certain things pregnant women really wonder about! I loved it! I laughed and I cried. PS- DON'T watch Grey's Anatomy while pregnant. #1- Your emotions are even more out of control than usual, and #2- they seem to always have a story you feel you can relate to, making it harder to avoid the tears. Tonight's episode included a story of a preemie who started to thrive after Kangaroo therapy (resting against a bare chest to feel the warmth and heartbeat of another person, usually the parents, but this time it was cutie Dr. Krev.) After the Allen family's recent loss of their son, who had been born about 14 weeks early, I broke down, sobbing madly! So pregnant+Grey's=bad combo.

Every day I feel more and more love for this little tiny person. No matter what all your mom or your friends tell you about their pregnancies, it doesn't make sense, it doesn't "click", until you go through it. Sometimes it feels so incredibly surreal that I'm afraid I'll wake up and it was all a dream. But luckily, I wake up, and I see my little belly and realize that we really are almost half-way through this pregnancy! We are just a few weeks away from the mid-point. Can't believe it. Seems like yesterday, it was August, and I saw those two blue lines appear. Now it's November, and my pants don't fit so well, and everyone can finally see my bump, and I feel like it's rushing by. There are so many words, none of which I can think of at the moment, that could describe the many facets of my emotions. One word sums it all up though: blessed.

Love you all. :) Good night.

4 comments:

  1. Yea for flutters!! I love love love that feeling. It is weird because every once in a while I will feel that feeling and think "oh thats just the baby" Then I freak out and think "wait a second, there shouldn't be a baby in there!" Such an amazing feeling and experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily - ME TOO! I will be laying on the couch, feel my stomach move and then sit there and watch for a baby to kick me. I miss that.

    Charli- Wait til you will see those sweet feet moving around or that elbow jut out and poke you, it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea for baby flutter!!! I love that feeling sooooo much. I miss feeling my babies move inside me. I am so excited for you and know you will be a great mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for feeling the baby!! I miss that feeling!! I love hearing all that you are going through b/c pregnancy is amazing. If you think emotions are crazy now, just wait until baby harbin arrives. After I had carter, i cried at anything!! I'm so excited for y'all...you have so much to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete