Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekend Update with Charli

Ok, so I am not even remotely as funny as the Weekend Update on Saturday Night Live, but for some reason the title popped into my head. :) This was a busy weekend - complete with a pretty bad crick in my neck. Sadly, Craig's soccer team lost, and ironically it was to the team of the neighborhood we live in! We should have won, but that's another story... I went to Tanya's Saturday and learned about an awesome online scrapbooking company called Heritage Makers. It's digital scrapbooking at its best. Really cool stuff!!! My neck got worse as the day went on, so I stayed home that night and waited for Craig to get back from their soccer trip. Then today we had a meeting at Gold's to practice the choreography for the new releases coming to our gym on April 18! New BodyCombat, BodyStep, BodyPump, BodyFlow, and RPM workouts will be launched that morning. After a couple ibuprofen and a 3 hour workout/practice this afternoon, I think my neck finally worked the kink out on its own. The music and choreography in these new releases is great- I really love it! There is a bit of a rocker/pop theme to the Step workout- so we got these shirts from Wet Seal to wear during the Launch class:
Then the Combat workout has a boxing/UFC feel, so we are looking for tank tops with a chain link fence print (like the fencing on the octagon they fight in). I'm such a dork, I know, but these workouts are what keep me sane! They are a blast, and I hope I can continue teaching them for years to come. It's nothing like the old school aerobics classes of Jane Fonda's day. It's soooo much more. It's a connection to the music, a connection to your mind, and a connection to the members of your class. It's empowering, liberating, motivating, and addicting to say the least.

That's all for my random ramblings today. Good night to all, and have a great Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment