Monday, April 27, 2009

The Amazing Things God Gives Us to See

WOW!!!!!
I could not believe my eyes when I walked out of OfficeMax this evening around 7:45pm.... After all of the heavy downpours and thunderstorms that pelted our area all afternoon, there was an unexpected break in the clouds on the west side of town, and the sun was setting, shining up under the heavy layer of storm clouds that still lurked nearby. Because of the moisture and the strange angle of the sun, it cast an amazing double rainbow seemingly right above the shopping center. It almost looks as thought the color of the sky under the rainbow is different from the rest of the sky. It was one of those moments that made you stop to wonder if you will ever see anything like it again. Luckily I had my camera with me, so I pulled onto the far side of the parking lot to try to capture it before it disappeared. It was so large and so close, I couldn't even fit the entire thing in one picture. It was one of those strange sights that make you very thankful for the little things God does to lift you up every day. I don't know how to describe it. It was, well, like magic. :)

1 comment: