Monday, July 13, 2009

Destin Part I

The first few days in Destin have been PHENOMINAL. We arrived Saturday evening and still had time to play on the beach for a little while. We ate dinner at Fudpuckers and slept like rocks afterward. Sunday we spent nearly the whole day on the beach (with a lot of sunscreen). Craig taught me how to catch waves on a boogie board! Once I caught a great wave but had to steer around a dad and his little daughter. With a little help from the Lord above I somehow made it around them without hitting anyone or falling off my board! Then it was time for steaks that the boys grilled and two intense games of Settlers of Catan. (I'm such a nerd - I love that game!) My arms and ribcage have been sore all day today (Monday) from the boogie boarding. Today was mostly rainy, so we hardly got to spend any time on the beach. Craig and Clint golfed this morning (luckily before the storms got here) while Lindsay and I slept in. This afternoon we played a card game called "Apples to Apples" and just hung out inside mostly. Here's some pics of our trip so far.


We jammed out to the "classics" on the way to Florida:

Me and the "Boom Box"- thanks to advances in technology- this doesn't look even half as cool as it did in the 80's. Darn MP3 players...
The extent of my artistic ability:
Craig and me in front of the Gator statue at Fudpuckers. Supposedly it's a replica of one of the largest aligators ever caught. (According the the really wacky gator lady there.) Everything at Fudpuckers is free for you to sign your name on. We didn't have a Sharpie though.
The view from the balcony at our condo. The water was crystal clear Saturday and Sunday.

More to come! Stay tuned... :)


1 comment:

  1. SOOO JEALOUS!!! I wish I were on the beach! I'm glad that you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete