Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things

So I saw this on Tanya's blog and felt it is my turn to try to come up with 25 random things about me. Not promising anything cool, but it said "random" not "cool" so I think I will do okay.


1. I am left handed, like my Daddy.

2. I am an Aries, and although I don't follow that stuff, I fit the bill pretty well.

3. Zeus's birthday is Tuesday, February 3! He is finally one year old. How time flies...

4. I was on swim team my whole life, even held a state record in back stroke when I was 12 and a couple of district records in high school. My #1 stroke was actually butterfly. Sadly I haven't swam laps in about 4 years now.

5. I never thought that I would be a teacher and swore to never marry a coach. Did both, and don't regret it one bit!

6. If I had all the money in the world I would still work. I have held more than one job at a time since I was 14. It is strange, but I can never have just one job.

7. My brother and I have the same birthday 4 years apart. He's still the best surprise birthday present I ever got. :)

8. Sometimes when my friends talk about their babies, I feel like I almost relate because Zeus did some of the same things. I usually don't say anything though, fearing they will think I am crazy for relating my puppy to their kid. But he is like my kid for now.

9. I've had 3 surgeries but never had stitches- LASIK a few years ago, and minor dental stuff growing up.

10. I have lots of nightmares. More now than I did as a kid. I also cannot go to sleep unless my bedroom and bathroom door are both closed completely.

11. I am named after my mom's dad who passed away when I was about 11 months old.

12. The number 12 was my swim team bag and parka number all 4 years of HS. Lucky I guess.

13. I love Les Mills fitness classes more than any other workout program I have ever tried. They are the Real Deal. ;)

14. If only my students could truly realize how deeply I care about their futures, I might have kids with higher grades right now.

15. The kids I taught my first year are going to be seniors next year. One kid is probably going to be a big time collegiate football player after HS.

16. My favorite color is red, but I hardly have any red stuff in my house.

17. I can't stand hearing ads on TV for prescription drugs, especially when they list the side effects... gross. And to think that I once wanted to be a pharmaceutical sales rep is just funny.

18. Zeus always kicks his tennis ball under the couch... on purpose.

19. The longer I teach, the shorter my list of potential childrens' names gets.

20. I hope one day to have a daughter and a son. I loved having a brother but never having to share my room, clothes, or friends.

21. I really want to teach Algebra I soon.

22. Even though I teach group exercise classes, I am not good at jogging. I can only go about a mile before I feel completely spent.


23. My husband probably regrets getting me this laptop because I am always on it.

24. I can beat Craig at mini-golf! He won't admit it, but it's the truth!

25. My favorite game on the computer is Mahjong Tiles. I used to play it all the time on YahooGames when I was an RA at my dorm. Working at the front desk was boring. Lucky for me it came as a game on my new laptop.


1 comment:

  1. Fun to read! Same for me on #1 & #5..except the part about marrying a coach. :)

    ReplyDelete